Clarinda Regional Health Center’s Sports Medicine Department provides health related services to benefit coaches and student athletes. In addition to our orthopedic department, we currently offer comprehensive rehabilitation and sport medicine services which are provided to personalize coverage of school based athletic programs.
Our certified athletic trainer, Logan Wood, works with Clarinda student athletes in the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, and work closely with physicians to coordinate care and faster access to appointments. Research shows that schools served by certified athletic trainers show an increase in student athlete participation in school.
Athletes of all ages and skill levels can benefit from their experience and advice to improve performance and avoid injury.
Comprehensive Medical Coverage and Services:
- On-site injury prevention, evaluation and sports performance care through a dedicated board certified athletic trainer
- Concussion management and return-to-play guidance
- Educational outreach, sharing best practices and emerging care
Common Injuries Related to Sports Medicine include:
- Injuries related to participation in sports or other recreational activities
- Elbow & shoulder injuries
- Torn ACL
- Tennis elbow
- Iliotibial (IT) band syndrome
- Patello-femoral knee pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Throwing injury
- Knee injury
- Sprained ankle
Athletes’ injuries are managed on the sidelines so they stay connected to the teams they support and eliminate the need for office and physical therapy visits, unless necessary, therefore decreasing costs and keeping students in school.