Social Services

The Social Worker/Discharge Planner is available to help arrange post-hospital care as ordered by your physician. This may include such services as Home Health Care, Durable Medical Equipment, Long or Short-Term Nursing Home placement, Swing Bed Care, Meals-on-Wheels or other services.

The Social Worker is also able to assist patients with the emotional aspects of hospitalization as well as assist with any mental health, financial, or insurance concerns in addition to questions patients may have. The Social Worker is also able to make referrals to many community based programs.

Advance Directive/Living Will

An Advance Directive is a general term for legal documents (such as a Living Will or a Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care) that state a person’s wishes for life-sustaining medical treatments and who makes those decisions when he or she is not able to make his or her own decisions. To learn more about Advance Directives or Living Wills, click here.

If you have further questions regarding Social Services, Discharge Planning, or Advance Directives, please call Reba Richie at (712) 542-8315 or Shelley Moheng at (712) 542-1782.